I use coaching and meditation as the ground from which you can create change in your life.
How I work
I’ve tried lots of different tools and techniques to manage stress, pain, or anxiety over the course of my life. I always come back to two things: meditation and positivity. There’s a lot wrapped up in those two topics, and we could talk endlessly about them. I bring my knowledge and personal experience to our sessions.
When we work together, you get a non-judgemental sounding board. I pay full attention to you, so that I can observe and reflect back what you reveal to me. We’ll reflect on what you discover, notice shifts and bring awareness to your own knowing. To keep things interesting, we’ll use visualizations to get the creative juices moving, we’ll meditate to bring calm into the conversation, and we’ll always keep in touch with the body and heart. If you’re not sure what a coach is or does, learn more here.
In a word: Curious. Patient, non-judgemental, and curious. OK, that’s three words, but you get the idea.
I support you while you generate a deep-felt curiosity and wonder around yourself. You are the centre of your story.
When we work together, I show up with:
- Wonder and curiosity
- A generous mindset
- Enduring patience
These are the principles that underpin our work together:
- Slow is better than fast
- Quiet is better than noise
- If the body speaks, we listen
- If the heart sparks, we tune in
- We have fun, even when we’re serious
- You are not broken, you are searching
- Curiosity and wonder above all else
Why choose me?
- Flow Certified Professional Coach, FLOW Coaching Institute, 2020
- Certified Meditation and Mindfulness Teacher (CPD accredited), School of Positive Transformation, 2020
- Certified Meditation Coach, Sura Flow, 2020
And What else?
- Practitioner of mindfulness and mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) techniques
A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment, Indian School of Business
- Trauma aware training through Healing Trauma, by Peter Levine
- Professional and volunteer experience in mentoring, training, and writing
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from the University of British Columbia
In the works
I never stop learning. Here’s what I’ve got on the go, as you read this:
- Advanced Coach Certification, FLOW Coaching Institute
- Resilience Skills in a Time of Uncertainty, University of Pennsylvania
- Engineering Health: Introduction to Yoga and Physiology, New York University, Coursera
My personal practice
I have been practicing meditation since my early twenties, with my strongest commitment emerging over the last 10 years. I’ve tried many different types of meditation, all in the pursuit of finding what’s right for me. While on this path, I came to realize, there is no one way to meditate, and there is no “right” way to meditate. There’s just your way.
Now, I meditate regularly with a mantra and incorporate mindfulness and MBSR techniques into my daily life. You might catch me in the middle of a 1-minute meditation while waiting in the grocery store line, or deeply relaxing my toes in the middle of a meeting. It’s what works for me.
Ready to begin?
When you’re ready, book a complimentary discovery call to see if we’re a good fit. This is a 30-minute conversation over Zoom, where we get to know each other and talk about what you’re looking for in a coaching relationship. From there, we’ll choose a package, or custom build one that’s right for your needs.
Great things happen when great people work together. I couldn’t put all this together without:
JOEY, PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Photographer, videographer, lighting assistant, and audio engineer. Yeah, Joey does a lot of stuff!
IVY, SITE QUALITY CONTROL AND TEAM CHEERLEADER
If you have a sister, you know how lucky I am. Without her, all you’d be getting are a lot of speling mstakes.
KATIE SUE, FOCUS GROUP LEAD, DOG TEAM
One bark = yes.
Two barks = no.
Blank stares = ambivalence.